“Everyone has a purpose in life… a unique gift or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals.”
- Deepak Chopra
A Life On Purpose
Right now I’m gonna slide you some super cool simple ideas that’ll guide you toward finding your life’s purpose. We’re gonna spend a couple of seconds intentionally searching for and identifying what it is that you love most in life — whether it’s smurfs, snowboarding, farmer’s markets or 80s night . We’re also gonna speak about service and how you actually can help yourself while by helping the world. Wild!
How My Search Began
The shot clock’s ticking, are you ready for the game changing question? Here goes: WHY? Why do you want to have a purpose in life? Personally, if I look back about 5 years in my life, it was really quite simple why.
Straight up, no excuses: I wanted to score chicks! =) It’s true, I love women and I wanted to study how attraction worked, so I did. What I discovered was nothing short of spectacular.
The people who were the best in the world at attracting the opposite sex were not who I would have suspected. It wasn’t jamming Johnny with the super smooth sounding pick-up lines. The people who were most attractive and successful were the ones who had a purpose in life!
Why Have A Purpose?
Fast forward five years. When I wake up in the morning with my love laying by my side, it’s freaky how often she mistakes me for Brad Pitt (clearly from Fight Club). Besides operating an underground ring of boxing gyms, some other amazing things are evident in my days today that weren’t 5 years ago.
I wake up enthusiastic, I’m happy for no reason, and I have a safety net of security that exudes confidence because no matter what I do, as long as it’s in line with my purpose, I’m on track.
Solution In Theory: The 3 Pillars
The Formula: Purpose = Passion + Service + Excellence
- Passion: What do you love so much that you would pay to do it, every day, for the rest of your life? This is the thing that you just can’t stop yapping your flapper about.
- Service: How can you extend a helping hand to the world? Where can you create vital value for people that will improve their quality of life?
- Excellence: What can you be truly great at? What are your strengths and how can you use them as much as possible on a daily basis?
Allow my dude Deepak to drop another dosage of dopeness on you:
“You have a unique talent and a unique way of expressing it. There is something you can do better than anyone else in the whole world — and for every unique talent and unique expression of that talent, there are also unique needs. When these needs are matched with the creative expression of your talent, that is the spark that creates affluence.”
“When you combine the ability to express your unique talent with service to humanity, then you make full use of the Law of Dharma (aka purpose). And coupled with the experience of your own spirituality, plus the field of pure potentiality, there is no way you will not have access to unlimited abundance, because that is the real way abundance is achieved.”
Solution In Action: The 3 Steps
- Honor yourself: Feel the power of being cut from the same universal cloth as everyone and everything. Choose to commit to being the best person that you can be, in every interaction. That includes creating your unique version of an extraordinary life.
- Make 3 lists:
Commit to figuring out where these lists intersect.
- What do you love most in life?
- What are your talents?
- How can you serve the world?
- Be open: Start simple and every day, continue to ask yourself: How can I do what I love, in the best way possible, that will provide value to people? Follow your heart when you hear the answer!
Finding *YOUR* Purpose
If you are looking for your purpose, know that it probably won’t appear instantly. It takes time to develop a deep sense of self awareness, so enjoy the process. As a helpful hint, for now, you can make your purpose to find your purpose. There’s great service to everyone in you making that commitment.
If you enjoyed this article, I’d really appreciate you sharing it with your favorite social network. It’s one way you can give the gift of growth to Sensophy, and the world. Thanks in advance!